The SCPITC Network is here to help you grow your ABC Quality!
Your participation in the ABC Program makes you eligible to receive training, coaching and mentoring from a certified Infant/Toddler Specialist at NO COST!
The South Carolina Program for Infant/Toddler Care (SCPITC) Network offers training and coaching to directors and care teachers who serve children birth to 3 years old in centers or family child care homes. Certified Infant/Toddler Specialists provided on-site services that include:
- Certified trainings on a variety of topics that focus on infant/toddler care and development
- Director Support
- In-Classroom Coaching
- Team Teach Reflection & Planning Meetings
Quality infant care is centered on relationships. Young children learn and grow in the context of secure, trusting relationships with caring adults. All supports and recommendations offered by our Infant/Toddler Specialists help providers understand and practice a model of relationship-based care that is respectful and responsive to each child’s individual needs. The following practices are important aspects of relationship-based care that the SCPITC Infant/Toddler Specialists can help you achieve:
- Implementation of the Six Essential Policies
- Teachers engage in consistent planning and reflection to provide responsive care
- Teachers are engaged in intentional decision making
- Teachers can explain the rationale for the decisions they make in their practice
- Program director provides ongoing feedback and support to staff and maintains ongoing efforts for quality enhancement
Video Explanation of the Six Essential Policies to Support Relationship-Based Care
Would you like to learn more about the Six Essential Policies? Click a policy below to launch a video explanation by an Infant Toddler Specialist.